The members of ENGSO represent the national sport in its broadest sense - from children and youth sport, over “sport for all” activities to elite sports.
ENGSO presently has 40 national umbrella sports organisations as members.
The main aims of ENGSO are as follows:
- to promote and to defend the independence and autonomy of sports on Europe;
- to meet the political and economical impact of EU on sport in Europe;
- to assist in improving sports development - from children and youth sport, over “sport for all” activities to elite sports – in the member countries.
- to take active part in development of the East-West and North-South co-operation;
- to raise the status and credibility of sports in the member countries, as well as actively combat the negative tendencies in sports;
- to support voluntarism as an important factor for development in society;
- to develop democracy in sports;
- to promote equality between men and women in sports;
- to build bridges between different organisations dealing with “sport for all” activities.
ENGSO Strategic Plan 2011 - 2015